Present: Jim Duncan, Emile Babineau, Bob Quinn, Guylaine Cote, Claude LeBlanc
Absent: Mike Kierstead, Wayne Aubie
- The Meeting was called to order at 7 p.m. by president Jim Duncan
- Minute of September 13th was taken as read and approved.
- Matters Arising:
- Meeting with Moosehead Rep.: Jim and Bob met with Jason Jessop, the Moosehead rep. The content is summarised in the letter of agreement attached.
- Insurance Deficiency List: There still being two items outstanding on the deficiency list from our insurers, house chair
E. Babineauwill arrange to have these attended to.
- Furniture: Jim reported that we have been successful in obtaining 40 ‘captains chairs’ from Danny’s
Innat a cost of $1,435 + Tax. These chairs were seen by Rita McGrath,Bob and Emile before purchase, and approved. The timing of obtaining the chairs was discussed as Danny’s’replacements may arrive only in November. The committee agreed to wait a reasonable time to allow Danny’s time to get the replacement chairs.
- Club Cleanup: The floors are waxed, the ice shed is being cleared ready to make ice and work is progressing in the kitchen.
- Debit Card for Club: The only card available would give single person access to club funds. Jim feels this would be irresponsible and the idea was discarded.
- Past President Portraits: Sears - $9/ 8x10. Will book for 4 persons.
- Internet: The committee could see no practical advantage to having the Internet and agreed to remove the television to gauge the members’ reaction.
- Treasurer’s Report:
- There is $12,500 in the account and $150 has been received from Kenny Trucking for a sign. Guylaine will investigate entering bar inventories in the accounting system.
- $150 authorised for Alvin Lavigne’s ice making expenses
to receive pay previously going to Emile, beginning October 21. Alvin
- Bar Report:
- A wedding rental yielded an excellent bar and revenue approaching $2,000
- Discussion on the cash register covered producing a ‘Y’ report, possibly removing the tape cover to print and having a spare tape available. Bob to follow up.
- A liquor order is required for opening.
- Bob is recruiting bartenders. So far has Claude, Jim, Bob and Terry Giberson. Two more required.
- House and Ice:
- The ice plant will be turned on October 11th.
- The Chair and Table storage along #5 sheet is complete
- The counter top for the sink is in and will be installed along with the new sink. The old sink and the cooler left upstairs have to be disposed of.
- The surplus wood is to be sold off.
- Jim reported that our insurance covers liability in the Mall, and that an Insurance Certificate can be obtained. Claude has arranged a table, TV, VCR and Skins Game tape for use at the Mall. He requires assistance October 28th/29th.
- 40 to 50 forms were distributed at the Civic Centre exposition.
- Claude has the hours of operation and will get a schedule from
early next week. Wayne
- If we find a source of Tee shirts, we can make logo shirts as prizes etc.
- It was moved and approved that we offer a free locker to any member paid up by November 15th: Locker number to be registered at the bar.
- Jim is to contact Northern Light regarding their advertising and a reduction in an advertisement of 1/8 page.
- Match Report:
- Re. Locker inclusion, see above.
- Hors D’Oeuvres/Snacks idea discarded
- Halloween Funspiel still planned, more info on
’s return. Wayne
- Ways and Means
- Approximately 65 letters were sent offering advertising in the club. Each was accompanied by a rental promotion.
- There are 36,000 RBC Reward points available to the club through use of the credit card. A digital camera for club use will be investigated plus a prize or prizes for a draw.
- New Business:
- Three new executive members are desperately needed to ensure a quorum at meetings. All are asked to try to find people willing to help.
- The Fall Meeting is postponed to November 14th
- The Pepsi cooler is to be removed from upstairs.
- Next Meeting:
- November 14th 1815 hrs
- Motion to Adjourn:
- Moved, seconded and passed at 9 p.m.